Aquí te ofrecemos la solución al ejercicio sobre pasaje de oraciones interrogativas a Reported Speech:
- My grandmother asked my brother if she had left her glasses there.
- The lady asked how long you had been in London.
- My friend asked me if I had enjoyed the concert.
- My father asked what the doctor had said about Peter.
- The receptionist asked me if I could give her my telephone number.
- My wife asked me if I had read my horoscope for that week.
- The policeman asked the salesman if the thieves had run away.
- I asked Frank what he was reading.
- Susan asked John if he really liked jazz.
- My boyfriend asked me where I prefered to go.
- John’s grandfather asked him if he could practice the violin there.
- Brian’s sister asked him if he had any problem.
- My mother asked me what my plans for the future were.
- The boss asked my sister if she had finished high school.
- My friend asked me why you did not talk to him about the problem.
- Caroline asked me what I was going to do that summer.
- The passenger asked the stewardess when he could take off his seat belt.
- My mother asked my father what I wanted for dinner that night.
- I asked the secretary if there was a cafeteria in that building.
- The taxidriver asked me if I had change for a dollar.
Si ya has realizado este ejercicio sobre Voz Pasiva te proponemos que verifiques tus oraciones con las siguiente solución:
- Machu Picchu ruins in Peru will be known by Tommy.
- Detailed instructions were sent to me by my boss.
- The problem was solved by Sam’s friend.
- The new road will be completed in the next year by the workers.
- The car is going to be repaired by Paul.
- The wallet was forgotten at the bank by my brother.
- A letter will be sent to my mother by my sister.
- The pet is being drawn by the little girl.
- The bag was dropped in the train by her.
- The medicine is taken every day by my brother.
- The Aconcagua Mountain will be climbed by John and Fred.
- The new car was crashed by my wife.
- The windows were opened by me.
- A glass of water is drunk by me.
- The parcel was not sent by you.
- The thieves were not caught by them.
- Some photographs have been taken by Jane.
- The museum is going to be visited by the passengers.
- A big mistake was made by the teacher.
- A lot of food was being prepared by Mary.
Hablaremos en esta ocasión sobre un recurso gramatical de gran importancia en la lengua inglesa: la voz pasiva. Para comenzar estableceremos la diferencia con el lenguaje que utilizamos habitualmente llamado voz activa en el cual la acción del verbo recae sobre el sujeto mientras que en la voz pasiva la acción del verbo recae sobre el objeto. Observa los siguientes ejemplos:
The lady buys a new hat.
La dama compra un sombrero nuevo.
(El verbo «comprar» recae sobre «la dama» indicando que ella es quien realiza la acción)
A new hat is bought by the lady.
Un nuevo sombrero es comprado por la dama.
(En este caso interesa que «un nuevo sombrero es comprado» sin demasiada importancia de quien realiza la acción)
Para construir la voz pasiva es necesario que la oración en voz activacuente con objeto directo, es decir que responda a la pregunta «¿qué cosa?», por ejemplo:
|My sister lost the keys.
Mi hermana perdió las llaves.
¿Qué cosa perdió mi hermana?
Las llaves (éste es el objeto directo)
Luego el objeto directo establecido pasará a ocupar el lugar de sujeto, elsujeto de la voz activa pasa a ser complemento agente acompañado de la preposición BY y el verbo principal se coloca en pasado participio acompañado por el verto TO BE en el tiempo que se encuentra la voz activa. Por ejemplo:
|My sister lost the keys.
The keys were lost by my sister.
Observe en la oración pasiva que «the keys» ocupan el lugar de sujeto, «by my sister» es el complemento agente y el verbo principal está ahora en pasado participio acompañado por el verbo to be (were) enpasado simple ya que la oración activa se encontraba en ese tiempo verbal.
Veremos en el siguiente cuadro como se modifican los verbos de Voz Activa a Voz Pasiva:
|Tiempo Verbal de la oración en voz activa
||My brotherstudies the lesson.
||The lesson is studied by my brother.
||My brother is studying the lesson.
||The lesson is being studied by my brother.
||My brotherstudied the lesson.
||The lesson wasstudied by my brother.
||My brother was studying the lesson.
||The lesson was being studied by my brother.
||My brother will study the lesson.
||The lesson will be studied by my brother.
||My brother is going to studythe lesson.
||The lesson is going to be studied by my brother.
||My brother has studied the lesson.
||The lesson has been studied by my brother.
||My brother had studied the lesson.
||The lesson had been studied by my brother.
Para que comiences a ejercitar lo aprendido sobre Voz Pasiva te proponemos que pases siguientes frases activas teniendo en cuenta de utilizar correctamente los tiempos verbales:
- Tommy will know Machu Picchu ruins in Peru.
- My boss sent me detailed instructions.
- Sam’s friend solved the problem.
- The workers will complete the new road in the next year.
- Paul is going to repair the car.
- My brother forgot his wallet at the bank.
- My sister will send a letter to my mother.
- The little girl is drawing her pet.
- She dropped her bag in the train.
- My brother takes his medicine every day.
- John and Fred will climb the Aconcagua Mountain.
- My wife crashed the new car.
- I opened the windows.
- I drink a glass of water.
- You did not send the parcel.
- They did not catch the thieves.
- Jane has taken some photographs.
- The passengers are going to visit the museum.
- The teacher made a big mistake.
- Mary was preparing a lot of food.
¿Has aprendido la Voz Pasiva?… Pues entonces te proponemos que pases las siguientes frases activas:
- Sarah took a beautiful picture of the Empire State Building.
- Sheyla has an excellent job at a bank.
- The secretary did not bring the papers.
- John is setting a new carpet in the office.
- My grandfather was milking the cows at the farm.
- I will take a taxi after the meeting.
- We are going to see the movie.
- Susan has lost her glasses.
- He had begun his studies in Boston.
- The dog has bitten our neighbour.
- We will visit the Louvre Museum in Paris.
- My neighbour lends me the ladder.
- Sally and Tom paid the bills.
- My friends are enjoying the party.
- They were feeding the puppies.
- Anne’s daughter will have a baby.
- Michael is going to plant a new tree in the park.
- We have saved enough money to buy a new flat.
- Tommy had already done his homework.
- My friend was thanking his birthday’s present.
Mira las siguientes frases. Se encuentran en Voz Activa. Te proponemos que sigas ejercitando pasándolas a Voz Pasiva:
- Britney Spears sang her new songs.
- The ladies were listening the speech carefully.
- My father gets a good salary.
- The boss lent me one of his books.
- He did not pay the bill.
- My neighbour is going to buy a new car.
- I had lost my umbrella when it began to rain.
- Alice was looking for her pencils.
- I will hang a picture on the wall.
- Susan has not answered your letters.
- Amy Winehouse broke an expensive picture at the hotel.
- Tom’s mother keep the yoghurt in the refrigerator.
- Mrs. Thompson has the best garden in town.
- We will send the parcel inmediately.
- The waiter brought a bottle of beer.
- The truck was carrying a bag full of money.
- The students had read the text in class.
- We were enjoying our dinner at the restaurant.
- Sally has accepted the invitation for my birthday party.
- He repeated the question several times.
Aquí tienes más oraciones interrogativas para pasar a Reported Speech. Te recomendamos que verifiques el buen empleo de los tiempos verbales.
- «What did the dentist tell you to do?», my husband asked me.
- «Did you take photographs during your trip?», my friend asked me.
- «What do the bags contain?», Alice’s brother asked.
- «Will you visit your mother?», my wife asked me.
- «Where have you been hiding?», Brian’s father asked him impatiently.
- «When will the results be announced?», the pupils asked.
- «Did he give you the money at once?», my friend asked me.
- «Where has Mrs. Hawkins opened her third bakery?», Susan’s mother asked me.
- «Where is your father now?», I asked Peter.
- «What will you do next year?», the teacher asked Tom.
- «Who damaged the piano?», my grandfather asked my brother.
- «When will the workers go on strike?», the journalist asked the leader.
- «Where did you go on Christmas’ Eve?», the neighbour asked my mother.
- «What is the lady’s name?», Mr. James asked the secretary.
- «How far away is your house?», the taxidriver asked me.
- «Have you finished the exercises?», the teacher asked the pupils.
- «How many miles did you walk yesterday?», the coach asked me.
- «What did the secretary asked you?», Peter asked John.
- «Why did you say that you was busy?», Jenifer asked Susan.
- «Where did the plane from Paris arrive?», the lady asked the stewardess.